Let’s do a quick walk-through of the 5miles homepage!
At the top of the page, you’ll find ‘Search 5Miles’. Here, you can browse newly listed items on the Home page (items appear in order of what’s closest to you). For an in-depth explanation, visit our How Do I Search In 5miles article.
Up top, you’ll also see a button called “Invite”. This is simply an easy way to invite your friends from your contacts, Facebook, etc.
Below that, you’ll find 4 tabs that will change your feed display into ‘For Sale’, ‘Services’, 'Must Go' and ‘Following’.
For Sale - In this tab, you’ll find “Listings near: [Your City Here]”. If you tap on your city, you can change your item browsing location by zipcode or if it is not displaying your location correctly, you tap “Current Location”. (Be sure to Allow 5miles access to your GPS.)
You’ll also see ‘Filter’. If you tap ‘Filter’, you can filter your search by Location, Distance, and sort the order by Default, Newest, and Closest. After you customize this page, you can tap ‘Apply Filters’.
Services - In this tab, You can view different Services the members are offering. Simply tap on a service you are interested in and instantly browse!
Must Go - This is a in-app purchase feature we offer to let others know you are ready to sell your item quick as well as make it stand out.
Following - In this tab, you’ll find a list of the 5milers you follow. If you are not following anyone yet, tap ‘Go Exploring’. This will take you to the invite page.
Finally, at the bottom of the page, you’ll find a white bar that displays five different choices:
1. Home - This is the homepage we have been explaining.
2. Category - This page displays all of the different categories of items/services being sold. The 4 main sections are:
- For Sale - This section has all general item categories.
- Services - This section displays a wide range of services other 5milers offer.
- Housing - This section is Houses and Apartments for Sale/Rent, Roommates, Office & Commercial, Temp, and Parking/Storage.
- Jobs - This section is for a variety of jobs that are offered by other 5milers.
3. List - This is where you will list your items/services that you are selling/providing. Here, you can add a photo, title, description, price, category, location, and the option to share your post on Facebook and/or Twitter.
4. Messages - Here, you can see your messages in 3 different tabs:
- Buy - Chat history with Sellers can be found here. (If you choose in-app transaction as your payment, on the item detail page, the two buttons will be "Chat" and "Buy"; if you did not choose this payment method, the button will be "Make Offer" and "Chat".)
- Sell - Chat history with buyers can be found here.
- Notifications - Here, you will find notifications from us!
5. Profile - This last tab contains your profile. Here, you can tap ‘Edit Profile’ at the top and change a variety of things including Private Details, Shop Details, and a place to Verify Your Identity.
You’ll also see your Listings, 5milers you’re following, and the 5milers following you.
Going down the page from here, you’ll see:
- Likes - When you click the heart on an item you like while browsing and want to come back to it later, you will find that list here.
- Purchases - Items that you buy/purchase will show up in this section for future reference. (Currently, there is no way to edit or delete items from this section.)
- Reviews - Here, you will find all of the reviews on your account.
- Wallet - Here, you can manage your 5miles balance and wallet. (For more information, check out our wallet-related articles in our Wallet/Transaction category.)
- Add-on Features - Here, you can increase your chances of selling quicker by buying from two different choices:
- MustGo (Lets others know in the public feed that you want to sell fast.)
- HighLight (Lets you get noticed first by highlighting your listing.)
- Find Friends - You can find your friends on Facebook and in your contacts that use 5miles.
- Invite Friends - You can invite friends to use 5miles with you through Facebook, you can copy the link, or share through email, text message, or Twitter.
- Help Center - The Help Center is where you are now. Anytime you have a question, check here first, and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us via the “Contact Us” link at the top or email us at [email protected]