Here’s the detailed guidance for sellers on how to place your item/ product on 5miles Bid.
- Open the app and login to your 5miles account.
- Click the ‘Camera’ button at the bottom center of the Homepage.
- Add a photo and select the correct category.
Please note that the following categories cannot be placed for bidding:
- All subcategory under Automotive.
- All subcategory under Community.
- All subcategory under Services.
- All subcategory under Housing.
- All subcategory under Jobs.
- Click ‘Next’ and provide the following information (title, description, offer price, condition and location). Offer price will be irrelevant if it is listed as a 5miles Bid item instead of a local item.
- Click ‘Next’ and complete the options to post your item for bidding:
- Starting Price – Set a starting amount and let buyers compete for your item.
- Sell & Ship Nationwide – If toggled off, shipping fee will be unavailable. This means you do not choose to Sell & Ship Nationwide, so you need to sell via “meetup”, your item will be only visible to the local buyers;
– If you choose “Sell & Ship Nationwide”, buyers within the entire United States can all see your items.
- Shipping fee – 5miles offers shipping label for a fixed and low rate which will be added on the buyer’s invoice. Select a shipping fee and we will email you the shipping label when your item sells. You need to print it out for the carrier to scan.
- I will ship the item myself – You must agree to pay all shipping fees and provide tracking information. The item will be free shipping for buyer.
- Ship within 72 hours (3 days) – Shipping commitment: If a buyer pays for the item, you have 3 days to ship the item or the order will be cancelled. Please ship the item as soon as possible and get paid once buyer confirmed item was received.
The order will be cancelled by the system if overdue. This is regarded as that you intentionally cancel the order.
- Serious Bid Guarantee – With this guarantee, both the seller and buyer need to pay a $5 guarantee deposit to join the bidding. It will be refunded when the deal is completed.
- When one party breaks the deal, his $5 deposit will be compensated to the other user.
- Service fee is 10% - Joining 5miles bid is free. You will only be charged a service fee after an item is sold (10% of the order price).
- Hit the publish button and Congratulations! Your listing is published!
- If approved, your listing will be displayed for about 24 hours before being put on auction. When your listing is live for bidding, you will be reminded with a push notification.
- The more "Likes" your listing get, the higher ranking it will be.
- You cannot change item details after it is approved. But you can delete or unlist the item and getting the listing’s deposit released to your payment card. Kindly note that if its auction goes live, nothing can be changed.
- If no one bid on your item before the auction ends, it becomes local listing and cannot join 5miles Bid once more.
- If buyers keep on bidding towards the end, your item will proceed to the next 5-minute round (maximum of 20 minutes for 4 rounds only).
- Credits cannot be used in 5miles Bid.
- If it is an order with deposits and if either party cancels the order before the item is shipped, the other party get his/ her deposit back as well as a $ 5compensation.
- Non-national shipping items for local meetup pickup are only visible to nearby users.
- If orders got cancelled 3 times in a row due to a user’s action or inaction, his/ her account will be blocked for 7 days and banned from participating in 5miles Bid.