All items on 5miles Bid are non-virtual and to be bought in auction. Each bid is considered a legitimate offer. You will only pay when you are the winning bidder. Payment is expected within 24 hours of winning or it is automatically cancelled if overdue.
Serious Bid Guarantee
If the seller has paid a $5 serious bid guarantee deposit for an item, buyers are required to pay for a $5 deposit to bid on the item. No deposit is required from buyers if seller does not pay deposit for the item.
The deposit will be refunded if you don’t win the item or if the deal is completed. When one party breaks the deal, the $5 deposit will be compensated to the other party.
For more details on deposit, please refer to Deposit Instructions on 5miles Bid
Bidding starts with a pre-determined opening bid amount.
When you click on the “bid” for an item for the first time, you need to confirm to join. Live bidders place subsequent bids in real-time, increasing the price. Bid increments increase as the price goes up.
Each item’s auction usually lasts for 5 minutes. If many buyers keep on bidding towards the end, the item will proceed to the next 5-minute round (maximum of 20 minutes for 4 rounds only). You win if you are the highest bidder in the end.
The final winning bid is the price at which the item will be sold. Items may have an additional shipping fee as indicated on each listing.
Here’s the detailed guidance on how to bid on your first item on 5miles Bid.
- Open the app and login to your 5miles account.
- Go to the Homepage-the 5miles Bid page.
- Click the ‘Remind Me’ or BID button once you are interested to purchase/Bid the item.
- If it is a “Serious Bid Guarantee” Item, you are advised to prepay a $5 deposit so you won’t miss the item. Click the ‘Pay Now’ button to join, on the ‘Serious Bid Guarantee’ page, click the ‘Required’ button below to add a card on your account, once done, click ‘Pay Deposit’.
- If the item has no deposit tag, then you can join the bidding without paying a deposit.
- When you win the item, you shall pay within 24 hours on 5miles.
- The seller will now proceed to ship the product to your place or meet up with you (depends on the seller option). But if you did not won the item, your $5 deposit will be refunded to you.
- When received you need to confirm by clicking the “Received Item” button in order for payment to be released to your seller.
- Once the order is completed, you are encouraged to make an honest review and comment accordingly.
- Participants can only bid on 5 items at once.
- Credits cannot be used to purchase any 5miles Bid item.
Why can’t I bid?
These are the most common reasons a buyer might not be able to place a bid, and how to resolve them:
- Buyer can have a limited number of unpaid orders before they must pay before bidding again. To resolve this, be sure to pay for all orders right away.
- Bidding is disabled temporarily when buyer have too many cancelled orders.
- If the buyer cancelled three orders without a guarantee deposit in a row, he/she will be banned from taking part in 5miles Bid for 7 days. However, orders with a guarantee deposit will not be counted.
- The cancelled order count starts with the latest cancelled order.
- The issue could be technical, or the result of lag. On mobile, try closing all other apps running in the background and restart your device and the app.
- If none of the above apply and you're still having trouble bidding, please contact Customer support and provide the error code you received.
I bidded but I'm in the uk it only shows a USA address
I order Feb 3 paid 16$ here it is3-27-20 nothing. So where is my refunded? How do I go about getting my money refunded?
What good are the coins if I can't use them to purchase items what are they for?
Why can't I use my coupon that says$2.00 off of $15.oo dollars and over dated October 4th till October 19th , to put toward a $19.00 item I won in a bid?
I click on $2.00 coupon and nothing happens
I’m new and I have over $20 worth of coupons. I was looking at the items up for bid and the whole time a timer was running down telling me to bid or I would lose them all.
I panicked and bid on something I don’t need and definitely don’t want.
Then when I’m asked to pay, not only am I not allowed to use the full amount of coupons I was promised, but you choose a $3 coupon to allow me to use?
Are you serious right now????
What a freaking rip off!!
Everytime I bid I get an error saying user is hidden. Someone please help?
Took money from my account twice
How do I register my phone number
How do I enter my phone number
I’ve bided on 11 items and supposed to be shipping to me I’ve just received 1 and 4 of them say in progress but the other 6 says they are closed. Don’t know what that means. Please explain.
Please sign in to leave a comment.