Car Dash is a second-hand car bidding channel expected to go live on February 25th 2019 for dealers to upload their cars. The buyer can begin bidding on your cars on March 4th. We designed this bidding system to help you sell your cars fast. To qualify, you will need to have been a paid and registered car dealer on the 5milesapp for at least 3 months. Below is how the Car Dash process will work:
3 days before the auction goes live:
- Commit to a certain amount of cars you want to sell in Car Dash.
2 days before the auction goes live:
- Upload your car info. Your car must have already obtained a Carfax report and the cars should be worth $3000 or more. You also have the option of changing your local listings into Car Dash listings by tapping on the “Join Car Dash” button on the bottom of your listing page.
1 day before the auction goes live:
- Set a minimum price for your car, (reserve price). Your price should be reasonable. If it is higher than the market price, it will not pass the review process. The review takes 1 day.
- Buyers have 1 day to see your car and do research on the vehicle to decide if they want to bid on it when it goes live.
Day of the live auction:
- The auction goes live at 7:00pm and ends at 10pm CST. Buyers can bid within the 3 hours. All buyer bids start at $1. If after the bidding time, (one day), the final bid fails to reach your minimum price, the car will remain unsold. You may pull it from the bidding system or wait another day for it to be displayed for bidding again.
- Once a car is successfully auctioned, the dealer will be charged a $99 service fee by 5miles to obtain the bidder’s contact information and complete the sale.